The Association (ACSA) was formalised in 1991 with the aim to align practices and collectively promote Australian cotton.
The objectives of the Australian Cotton Shippers Association are:
- To promote and enhance the export of Australian raw cotton
- To preserve the sanctity of contracts and the integrity of the Australian cotton trading platform
- To facilitate compliance with contractual obligations and adherence to arbitration awards
- To promote the interests of the members of the Association and the industry generally in our overseas markets
- To promote corporate responsibility, best management practice and prosperity within the industry and the communities in which we operate
- To communicate the fibre requirements of our spinner customers to Australian growers and plant breeders